Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A surely golden opportunity.

Wow, so this past weekend was amazing. I had the amazing opportunity to do an intensive with Rachel Brice an Ariellah. The whole weekend was pretty amazing! I especially like hanging with Miss Kira Mau!!!

So The whole weekend started on Friday morning with stopping at the Tuckers' for Breakie and coffee...mmmm. The the drive to Sheep Ranch Road to the Q (Querncia). We checked in and got some amaaaaazing chocolates from Brandy! Since check in was an hour before class Kira and I wandered the grounds. Class with Rachel started and we worked really hard. It was a good thing though, get my ass back into shape!! We drilled comboed and danced some more. Lunch was great, provided by the lovely Q'ers. On to Ariellah's class where we drilled, drilled again, and drilled some more. She really worked us hard, but i loved every minute of it!

Every day followed this pattern, but it was a great weekend. I learned some much from both teachers!!! Both teachers have different styles , which is good because we can switch it up learn and new things.

The show was sooo great. Zoe showed up and I just about keeled over! She is so crazy! but i like that.... Everyone did a great job!!! yay!! Especially Thalisha!!! OMG!!! She was was sex on stage!

When Sunday rolled around I was really sad because I really enjoyed dancing with everyone there and being taught by some of greatest belly dance teachers I've had so far! Along with Brandi and the Taleesh. I was neat getting to sit by Rachel at lunch Saturday and Sunday and just chat. She and Ariellah are so down to earth and sweet...and silly....woo! I did have one dork out, star struck moment. Zoe stopped by Ariellah's Saturday class to say hi... yeah...I freaked a little...I'll admit it. I did clam down and chatted with her on Sunday...bitch about economics..ya know the norm :)

I am fortunate enough to have done this and take away a lot that will further my dancing. I noticed last night when I practiced my solo, things felt easier. Even Patrick said that my timing was better and I looked stronger...yay.

All my love,
Melissa

No comments: